Chief Master Sgt. Bryan Tuman is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, 10th Air Base Wing, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo. He advises the commander and senior staff on matters of military readiness, morale, quality of life and professional development of more than 3,000 military, civilian and contract personnel assigned to the Air Base Wing. The 10th Air Base Wing’s mission includes all aspects of security, civil engineering, communications, logistics, military and civilian personnel, financial management, contracting, chaplaincy, equal opportunity, legal, lodging, food service, and all medical facilities which provide the foundation for 4,000 cadets, expeditionary support capabilities and quality of life for the United States Air Force Academy and a total military community of over 25,000 personnel. Prior to assuming his current position, Chief Tuman served as Senior Enlisted Advisor, DoD Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Office, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
Chief Tuman grew up in southern Minnesota and entered the Air Force in the spring of 1993. Upon graduation from Basic training, he attended the Air Forces’ Medical Service School at Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas. He has served in numerous technical and leadership positions across the Air Force Medical Service. Chief Tuman’s contributions across the Air Force include assignments as a Professional Military Education Instructor, First Sergeant and Senior Enlisted Advisor roles and has deployed in support of Operation IRAQI FREEDOM.
1993 Medical Service Apprentice Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
1997 Airman Leadership School, Andrews AFB, Md.
2002 Associate in Applied Science, Allied Health, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2003 Academic Instructor School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2004 Associate in Applied Science, Instructor of Military Technology, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2004 NCO Academy, Hickam Air Force Base, Hawaii
2007 SNCO Academy Course, by correspondence, Gunter-Annex, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2007 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, National Defense University
2008 Associate in Applied Science, Human Resources, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2011 SNCO Academy Course, in-residence, Gunter-Annex, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2012 Bachelors of Science, Management Studies, University of Maryland University College, Md.
2013 Hungarian Defense Forces, Command Senior Enlisted Leader Course, Szentendre, Hungary
2014 Chief Leadership Course, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
2016 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, N.C.
2016 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education II, National Defense University
2016 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation, USAF Judge Advocate General’s School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2017 Strategic Mindset Seminar, Arlington, Va.
2018 Continuous Process Improvement for Executives, Institute for Defense and Business
1. Oct 1993–Feb 1996, Medical Service Specialist, 733d Medical Group, March Air Force Base, Calif.
2. March 1996–July 1999, Medical Service Specialist, 89th Medical Group, Andrews Air Force Base, Md.
3. Aug 1999–July 2001, Allergy/Immunization Technician, 82d Medical Group, Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas
4. Aug 2001–Feb 2003, Allergy/Immunization Technician, 18th Medical Group, Kadena Air Base, Japan
5. Feb 2003–Feb 2006, Flight Instructor, Erwin Airman Leadership School, Kadena Air Base, Japan
6. Mar 2006–July 2007, Flight Chief, Allergy/Immunization Clinic, 59th Medical Wing, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
7. Aug 2007–Mar 2008, First Sergeant, 59th Medical Training Group, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
8. March 2008–Sept 2009, First Sergeant, 59th Medical Support Group, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
9. Dec 2008–May 2009, First Sergeant, 332d Expeditionary Medical Group, Balad Air Base, Iraq
10. Sept 2009–Sept 2010, First Sergeant, 51st Munitions Squadron, 51st Fighter Wing, Osan Air Base, Republic of Korea
11. Oct 2010–July 2012, First Sergeant, 369th Recruiting Squadron, Encino, Calif.
12. July 2012–Nov 2013, First Sergeant, 61 Air Base Group, Los Angeles AFB, Calif.
13. Nov 2013–Feb 2015, Senior Enlisted Advisor/First Sergeant, Heavy Airlift Wing, Pápa Air Base, Hungary
14. Feb 2015–Aug 2016, Superintendent, 319th Medical Group, Grand Forks Air Force Base, N.D.
15. Aug 2016–Aug 2018, Senior Enlisted Advisor, DoD Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Office, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
16. Aug 2018–Present, Command Chief, 10th Air Base Wing, United States Air Force Academy, Colo.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Air Force Meritorious Service Medal with seven oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal Iraqi Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Airman Leadership School, Distinguished Graduate, Andrews Air Force Base, Md.
89th Medical Group, Sarah P. Wells Award, Nursing Services Airman of the Year, Andrews Air Force Base, Md.
8th Medical Group, Noncommissioned Officer of the Year, Kadena Air Base, Japan
HQ/SG PACAF, Sarah P. Wells Award, Nursing Services NCO of the Year, Hickam Air Force Base, Hawaii
Hickam NCO Academy, Distinguished Graduate, Commandant’s Award, Hickam Air Force Base, Hawaii
HQ/PACAF, Airman Leadership School Instructor of the Year, Hickam Air Force Base, Hawaii
HQ/AETC, Small Unit First Sergeant of the Year, Randolph Air Force Base, Texas
Air Force Association, Blue Suit Award First Sergeant of the Year, Alamo District, Texas
51st Maintenance Group First Sergeant of the Year, Osan Air Base, Republic of Korea
Space and Missile Center First Sergeant of the Year, Los Angeles AFB, Calif.
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant October 2014